I’m sure like me, most of you would only post the best photos on Instagram, but in order to do that, you’ll need to find that picture perfect spot that would make all your friends jealous!
You’d think that after being here for almost 2 years, I would’ve explored all parts of London, but there is so much more to see. Below are just some of my favourite locations around this diverse, old and modern city.
Make sure you add some or all of these places the next time you’re in London!
- Richmond Park:
- Closest station: North Sheen or Mortlake
- Things to photograph: deers (there’s a lot at the Sheen gate entrance!) cafes, forest walks
2. Street art (Camden):
- Closest station: Camden Town or Camden Rd
- Things to photograph: street art (obvs)
3. Leake Tunnel:
- Closest station: Waterloo (5 min walk)
- Thinks to photograph: graffiti artists, graffiti art etc.
4. The walk between London Bridge and Tower Bridge
- Closest Station: London Bridge or Tower Hill
- Things to photograph: Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast, food / bars along the way
5. London Eye:
- Closest station: Westminster or Waterloo
- You don’t have to spend lots of pounds on the Eye to get good views of London. There are plenty of free ways to see the best views such as the Sky Garden (need to book way in advance!), the Shard bar, Bokan bar rooftop (top of the Novotel hotel in Canary Wharf)
6. Oxford Street
- Closest Station: Bond Street, Oxford Circus or Tottenham Court Road
- Shopping is not what’s all about Oxford Street! Take a moment and bask in the street lights that surround it
7. The streets that surround Trafalgar Square:
- Closest Station: Charing Cross
- Things to photograph: Admiralty Arch, staircase near St James’s Park
8. High Street Kensington:
- Closest Station: High St Kensington
- Things to photograph: the streets, walk around the
9. Tate Modern:
- Closest Tube: Southwark or Blackfriars
- Things to photograph: go to the very top of the building (level 10) and experience top notch views for free!
10. Carnaby Street
- Closest Tube: Piccadilly or Oxford Circus
- Things to photograph: ganton street (light bulbs), Kingly Court
These are just a few of my favourite photographic places, feel free to comment on what your top 10 London locations are!